The Wine Growers of the Grand River Valley (Geneva, Ohio, area) are offering a special progressive tasting event on November 14. Join them for an afternoon at Debonne Vineyards, Ferrante Winery, Grand River Cellars, Laurello Vineyards and St. Joseph Vineyard tasting fine wines paired with dishes from your Thanksgiving dinner.
The cost for the event is $5 at each winery and includes wine samples, food pairings and recipes. The event is scheduled from noon to 5:00 p.m. No reservations are necessary. Here’s a list of what is planned at each winery:
* Debonné Vineyards - Pulled Turkey Sandwich
* Ferrante Winery & Ristorante - Cranberry Tart paired with Cabernet Franc Ice wine
* Grand River Cellars Winery & Restaurant – Stuffing
* Laurello Vineyards - Turkey pizza with ground turkey, leeks, roasted red peppers and feta cheese
* St. Joseph Vineyard - Pumpkin Cheesecake Tarts
Bring a canned food item into each winery and receive $1 off your ticket price. The donations will go to the local food banks. No reservations necessary. For more information call Debonne Vineyards at 800-424-WINE or e-mail email@example.com.
Photo by Chris Willis