The clock is ticking! Thanksgiving is coming and so is Black Friday. Fear not, we’re going to make sure you’re stocked with just the right wines for Turkey Day and to recover from the shopping madness.
Toledo Wines and Vines is teaming with Heidelberg Distributing on a special Thanksgiving-themed wine tasting on Tuesday, November 19, at J. Patrick’s restaurant in the Holiday Inn French Quarter, Perrysburg. The fun begins at 6:00 PM and the cost is $25 per person.
This will be a fun and casual time featuring seven great wine selections with sample sized food pairings. The chef at J. Patrick’s has just announced the food pairings. Here they are:
- NV Poema Cava Brut Sparkling – Spain with Salmon En Croute
- 2010 Firelands Gewürztraminer, Isle St. George – Ohio with Mini Crab Cake w/ Red Pepper Aioli
- 2012 Saint “M” Riesling – Germany with Mini Quiche w/ Roasted Shallots and Braised Spinach
- 2009 Louis Jadot Pinot Noir – France with Mini Beet Salad
- 2011 Joel Gott “815” Cabernet – California with Tenderloin Wrapped Asparagus
- 2011 Amado Sur Malbec – Argentina with Smoked Turkey Wrap
- Reserve – 2011 Shatter, (Joel Gott / Dave Phinney) – 100% Grenache from France with Fresh Fruit and Cheese (Extra charge for this special wine.)
I had to check my email twice because I couldn’t believe the creative dishes that are being offered. J. Patrick’s wants to showcase their food and outstanding service – and so you’ll reap the benefits during this special tasting.
Just a word about the reserve wine. You may have heard about The Prisoner, which is a red California blend that commands a high price and is one of the nation’s most popular wines. Dave Phinney is the winemaker behind The Prisoner, and we’re happy to present his Shatter as our reserve wine.
You’ll be able to enjoy the wine with these Thanksgiving-themed eats and when you find your favorite, bottles will be available for purchase – some at special pricing. Your RSVP is encouraged but not required to email@example.com . You can also purchase tickets online here.
We look forward to greeting you on November 19th at J. Patrick’s!
Photo courtesy of Bennett Enterprises.