Winery Cat (Photo credit: trishhartmann)
The Pioneer Wine Trail of Southeast Michigan will host the Wine Days of Summer Saturday and Sunday, August 9-10. The Wine Days of Summer Party is a self-driving tour of the wineries of the Pioneer Wine Trail featuring a wine pairing with food prepared by a local chef or restaurant.
The wineries and pairings for this event are:
* Burgdorf's Winery (Haslett) -Lemon Zest Cheesecake with 2013 Vidal Blanc
* Chateau Aeronautique Winery (Jackson) - Lamb Kofta Kebob w/Mint Chutney & Cucumber Yogurt Sauce on Pita with 2013 Syrah or 2013 Naked Chardonnay
* Cherry Creek Cellars Old Schoolhouse Winery (Brooklyn) - Smoked Chicken Leg Quarter w/Corn & Black Bean Salsa with "La Mia Familigia"
* Flying Otter Winery (Adrian) - Loaded Baked Potato Salad with "Sexy Devil"
* J. Trees Cellars (Tecumseh) - Applewood Smoked Ribs with House White
* Lone Oak Vineyard Estate (Grass Lake) - Tropical Chicken Salad on Croissant with Riesling
* Pentamere Winery (Tecumseh) - Waldorf Salad garnished w/Granny Smith Apple & Asian Pear Coulis with "Celebration White"
* Sandhill Crane Vineyards (Jackson) - Mixed Greens w/Curried Chicken & Fresh Summer Fruits with Traminette
Tickets for this self-driven tour with eight delicious food and wine pairings are $30 per person. Designated drivers eat for free.
Each winery along the trail will feature a dish prepared by a local chef and paired with their featured wine. The price also includes one tasting glass. A recipe card with the featured recipe will be given out to ticket holders at each winery. Tickets are available through pioneerwinetrail.com
Ticket holders are welcome to visit each location over the two-day event, or they may choose to limit their visits (as time permits). Hours of the event are Saturday, August 9, from 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday, August 10, from noon to 6:00 PM. There are a limited number of tickets available.
Ticket sales will end on Wednesday, August 6, at midnight (or when sold out). Tickets will not be available the day of the event. There are no physical tickets mailed for this event. Once purchased, your name is added to a registration list that will be at each winery. Be sure to bring your ID.