There’s a lot to like about the Charmed and Cherished benefit wine tasting held May 19 at the Toledo Club. The event supports Cherished Friends of Ahava which has provided patients who are newly diagnosed or currently in treatment for cancer with a day of pampering at the Ahava Spa.
On top of the very worthy cause, there is some very nice wine. For 2011 the event moved to the Toledo Club from its former location at The Docks. The new locale makes all the difference. For the past two years, the event has been crowded with long lines and barely enough room to raise your glass.
This year the Toledo Club used the main entryway for a nice spread of food. A room on the left was used for the wine tasting and a room on the opposite side was used for the silent auction. The beautiful décor, high ceilings and natural lighting created a light and airy mood for the event. By separating the eaters, auction-goers and wine tasters there was no feeling of being cramped.
Special thanks to Heidelberg Distributing for providing the wine and the friendly servers.
Here were some of the favorites of the TWAV tasting crew:
- 2007 Mt. Veeder Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2008 Sledgehammer Zinfandel, Central Coast
- 2006 Conch Y Toro Reserve Chardonnay Amelia
- 2008 Columbia Crest Amitage
- 2008 Robert Mondavi Private Selection Meritage
- 2008 Chateau St. Jean California Cabernet Sauvignon
- 2008 Banfi Centine Toscana
- 2008 Hogue Genesis Merlot
Technorati Tags: wine