The Summer Solstice Release Party is a self-driving tour of the wineries of Southeast Michigan's Pioneer Wine Trail featuring a new release wine pairing with food prepared by a local chef or restaurant.
Tickets for this self-driven tour with nine delicious food and wine pairings are $30 each. Each ticket purchase includes a tasting glass, tasting up to six additional wines at each winery, and a recipe card for the featured food. Designated drivers eat for free.
For more information call (517) 592-4663 or (517) 531-3080. If no answer, please call 517-655-2883 or 517-764-0679. The wineries included in this event are:
* Burgdorf's Winery (Haslett)
* Chateau Aeronautique Winery (Jackson)
* Cherry Creek Cellars Old Schoolhouse Winery (Brooklyn)
* Flying Otter Winery (Adrian)
* J. Trees Cellars (Blissfield)
* Lone Oak Vineyard Estate (Grass Lake)
* Pentamere Winery (Tecumseh)
* Sandhill Crane Vineyards (Jackson)
* Sleeping Bear Winery & Brewpub (Parma)
Ticket holders are welcome to visit each location over the two-day event, or they may choose to limit their visits (as time permits). There are no physical tickets mailed for this event. Once purchased, your name is added to a registration list that will be at each winery. Simply bring your ID and enjoy.
Hours of the event are Saturday, June 22, from 1:00 AM to 6:00 PM and Sunday, June 23, from Noon to 6:00 PM. Tickets are available online at www.PioneerWineTrail.com.
There are a limited number of tickets available, ticket sales will end on Wednesday, June 19 at midnight, and tickets will not be available the day of the event.