The 'Winemaker for a Day Experience', sponsored by the Ohio Wine Producers Association, offers a hands on opportunity to participate in the production of great wines guided by some of Ohio's best professional winemakers.
Participants might be helping to blend an award winning vintage or perhaps would bottle wines from the spectacular 2012 vintage or assist in the Crush next fall as grapes come into the cellars to begin their journey to gold and silver medals.
Participants can select the winemaker with whom they will work from among the following wineries in every corner of the state:
- Caesar Creek Vineyards, Xenia
- Candlelight Winery, Garrettsville
- Debonne' Vineyards, Madison
- Ferrante Winery, Geneva
- Gervasi Vineyard, Canton
- Heineman's Winery, Put in Bay
- Maize Valley Winery, Hartville
- Old Firehouse Winery, Geneva on the Lake
- Paper Moon Vineyards, Vermilion
- Shamrock Vineyards, Waldo
- The Winery at Lakehouse Inn, Geneva on the Lake
- Terra Cotta Vineyards, New Concord
- Vinoklet Winery, Cincinnati
This unique experience would make a perfect holiday gift for that wine lover on your list.
Slots are limited and times for the 'Experience' must be based on mutually available schedules. Cost is $175. Call 800-227-6972 or go to www.OhioWines.org and click on the Winemaker offer in the scoller and make reservations for the 'Winemaker for a Day'