Flight 1 (Photo credit: Heather F)
Introduction to Wine 101, a a two-week wine course for beginners will be offered at Walt Churchill’s Market, 3320 Briarfield. Maumee, (419) 794-4000, at 6:30 to 8:30 PM on Monday, March 24, and Monday, March 31. The cost is $35 per person.
The Wine 101 Class is for you if:
- You always wanted to learn about wine, but didn’t know where to start.
- You want to be confident and comfortable when selecting a wine from a wine list or at a wine shop.
- You have wine questions you want answered.
This two-week course is geared towards novice wine drinkers who wish to expand their knowledge and experience. There are no judgments and no such thing as a stupid question. Both domestic and imported wines will be sampled and the course will cover a variety of topics including:
- How is wine made?
- What is the difference between sweet and dry wine?
- How to read a wine label.
- Proper tasting technique.
- How to store your wine.
- And more...
The course is taught by Jim Krusinski - the newest addition to the Walt Churchill's Market Wine Team. He is a Certified Specialist of Wine (CSW) and a 20-year veteran of the wine industry.
Each week you will taste 6 wines as part of the wine course and each participant will leave with a special gift each week that will help them continue their wine journey.
The course is limited to 20 people. Tasting starts promptly at 6:30pm each week. Both weeks are included in the price. You must prepay to hold your place.
Contact Austin Beeman or Jim Krusinski at the store or email at Austin.email@example.com