Cornucopia, an “All-Ohio farm to table dinner and local pour tour” is scheduled Saturday, September 20, At Pairings, Ohio's Wine and Culinary Experience, located at 50 Park Street, Geneva, Ohio. The event runs from 7:00 to 9:00 PM and the cost is $100 per person.
This dinner is your chance to celebrate the harvest season in the midst of northeast Ohio’s wine country with a locally-sourced dinner. The event features a five-course dinner prepared by star chef Jeff Fisher as well as live music.
Jeff has personally visited local farmers to select his food stuffs and met individually with each of the featured wineries to plan this exceptional meal
Here’s a sneak peak at the perfect pairings:
- Salt roasted beet salad: local lettuce, candied walnuts, blue cheese, topped with stone ground mustard orange dressing.
- Charcuterie with local house cured meats, pickled vegetable, and local cheeses.
- Hand rolled ricotta Gnocchi with roasted heirloom tomatoes, baby arugula, fresh basil, in salt water Parmesan broth
- Lemon herb rubbed grilled leg of lamb with assorted local fingerling potato and vegetable sides.
- Apple crisps triffle with goat cheese ice cream, apple cider reduction, pumpkin seed oil.
Some of our favorite wineries are featured: Harpersfield Winery, Harpersfield; M Cellars, Geneva; Ferrante Winery, Geneva; and Debonne' Vineyeards.
Go to OhioWines.org to make reservations. Seating will be very limited.
To plan a whole weekend getaway. Quail Hollow, The Gateway Resort to Ohio Wine Country is offering an overnight package: call Kari Brozic at 440-350-3579 or e mail her at Kari Brozic