Friday, July 2, 2010
Economic Impact of Ohio Wineries Tops Half Billion
According to the report, Ohio wineries:
* Are responsible for more than 4,100 full-time equivalent jobs.
* Produce more than 1.1 million gallons of wine annually.
* Welcome more than 2.1 million wine related tourists annually.
* Contribute more than $62 million in state, local and federal taxes.
* Have a full economic impact of $582.8 million.
According to Donniella Winchell, executive director of the Ohio Wine Producers Association, jobs in the wine industry are high quality “green” jobs.
Next time you enjoy a glass of your favorite Ohio wine you helping us all take a step toward economic recovery!